Some of the products will have special coupon codes available, so make sure you check those out. Also, I have pinned all these images on my Pinterest page on a board called Sandpiper Cat Blog Holiday Gift Guide.
All the products are linked to take you directly to where you can purchase them! If I have previously reviewed the product on my blog, I will link that as well. Happy gifting! If you do purchase any of these items, please let me know how you (or to whomever you gift them) like them!
Category Number One: Books
A portion of the proceeds from Love Saves the Day benefit the Blind Cat Sanctuary in North Carolina. Love Saves the Day is an amazing story about Prudence the cat. One day, Prudence's owner Sarah doesn't come home. Prudence goes to live with Sarah's daughter, Laura and her husband Josh. Prudence doesn't understand why Sarah left her and hopes she will come get her soon. This is a tale of love, hope and how animals help you heal. Read my full review here.
2. Buckley's Story, Purrs of Wisdom and Adventures in Veterinary Medicine (eBook) by Ingrid King, respectively $12.89, $9.58 and $1.99.Author of The Conscious Cat blog, Ingrid King has a trio of books written about the many ways cats have shaped her life. Each story features different cats and how they came into her life and changed it for the better. Read my reviews of Purrs of Wisdom here and Adventures in Veterinary Medicine here.
Category Number Two: Calendars
4. Cat Calendar 2014 - "Catlendar Girls' Printable Download (downloadale), $7.50. My dear friend Ella Goodwin has created a beautiful calendar with kitty illustrations "appropriately attired for the year" as she says in her description. "This would make a fab Christmas pressie for any kooky cat lovers!" It is also ready in a print ready format for $18.
Category Number Three: Products For Your Cat (Coupon Alert!)
5. The Yoga Cat Mat Toy - Etsy Feline Yogi Shop, $24.99 ($19.99 special offer for Sandpiper Cat Blog Readers) The Zen Way for Cats to Scratch Lounge & Play is described by the owner, Paige Hodges. Cats love yoga mats so why not give kitty one for her very own this holiday season! The Yoga Cat Mat is a cat toy, cat scratcher, and cat lounger all rolled into one! This unique cat toy is ideal for scratching, sharpening claws, getting stoned on catnip, and hanging out and practicing resting pose. Handcrafted in Los Angeles California, The Yoga Cat Mat comes in four vibrant colors: olive green, slate blue, purple, and red. Visit us at our Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/FelineYogi and use the online coupon code: SANDPIPERCAT101 for $5.00 off any Feline Yogi Yoga Cat Mat until December 31, 2013. Feline Yogi is committed to helping those kitties amongst us who are most in need so a portion of all sales are donated to help homeless cats. Meow and Namaste!
Category Number Four: Human Presents
6. Cat Eared Black Lace Headband, $20. By buying this cat ear headband, you are helping out shelter cats. On trend, playful and stylish, the headband will have cat lovers saying me-wow! The ears are made from sheer black lace and sit upon a black satin headband. It is a limited edition headband. 100% of the $20 purchase price will benefit the ASPCA (American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals).
7. HOMER for the Holidays (Limited Edition) Tee Shirt, $18.50. Please note this item is available until 12/3/13. Gwen Cooper and family are offering these limited-edition custom, high-quality tees featuring an exclusive rendering of Homer, the Blind Wonder Cat who inspired millions. 20% of the proceeds will go to the International Fund for Animal Welfare, bringing aid to thousands of animals left injured and homeless in the Philippines after Typhoon Haiyan. Buy one now and give the gift of love this holiday season -- to yourself, a friend, or family member, and animals in need all over the world. Comes in XS-3XL. Colors include white, light blue (pictured), soft pink, athletic heather and canvas red.
8. Thanksgivukkah Trio Nail Polish by PhillyLovesLacquer (Etsy), $30 (or $12 individually). In a previous review you can read here, I featured PhillyLovesLacquer, a Philadelphia based indie nail polish run by Esther Fox. She creates her own nail polish and part of the proceeds benefit an organization called Forgotten Cats. Purchasing this awesome Thanksgivukkah (because the second night of Hanukkah falls on Thanksgiving Thursday) will leave you with gorgeous nails and help out cats in need.
9. Saya Papaya Jewelry (earrings pictured $30), various pricing. Run by Shannon Gianoni, Saya Papaya is a Pittsburgh, PA based jewelry business. Shannon personally creates all of her jewelry, which features a vast array of Swarovski Austrian crystals. A portion of the profit from every Saya Papaya sale will be donated to Animal Friends. I will actually be doing a review and giveaway of Shannon's earrings pictured above, in the following weeks, so make sure you stay tuned for that. In the meantime, readers can use the online coupon code "RSHUBIN" to receive $5 off a purchase. Please do note this coupon can only be used one time per person only. I personally have a pair of these earrings and absolutely love them. They are perfect to dress up an outfit, but can also fit your casual style days as well. I highly recommend her products and they come in so many different colors.
10. Cat Bag with ear handles $65 sale (black) & $99 (pink) by ShopMissElla on Etsy. Ella's products are all fabulous, and these purses are no exception! The handles are made with oak wood and the interior of the bags are lined with fabric. Ella laser cuts the wooden handles which makes them lovely to hold. These bags are perfect for a night out on the town where you want to show off your absolute love of all things cat! The bags also come in a variety of styles and fabrics, and Ella will take custom orders. I had my own bag made by Ella in the summer and it is just beautiful. It is light, fits a lot and is just fun to carry around. You absolutely cannot go wrong with one of Ella's adorable bags.
|The bag I bought has adorable little kitty ice cream cone fabric. This bag is mine & is not available.|
Category Number Five: Outdoors
11. Garden Flag First Light from Portraits of Animals Etsy Shop, $15 (brackets sold separately). Created by artist Bernadette Kazmarski, this gorgeous garden flag depicts her black cat Mimi on the bathroom window sill watching the sun rise. We have one of Bernadette's flags outside at our beach house. It is durable and meant for indoors and outdoors. The design is on each side.
Wow, I think that just about does it for my first annual gift guide. I had so much fun picking out items that I love and especially those that benefit animals. I hope you enjoyed the gift guide and have some great ideas for presents!
Happy Holidays from Rachel and Sandpiper
Please understand that we cannot ensure the availability of these products. All items were available at the time of this post. Coupon codes void where prohibited. All items void where prohibited.